Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Nanad5

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
LOL, Suebee, I'd have to name most of my quilts Fibrofog in that case. Most of them have adaptations of one kind or another because of foggy influences. No worries on offending. We have to laugh at ourselves or just go crazy and start ripping out our hair. And I don't have a lot of it to start with!
Maria C.... fibro fog is a problem those of us who have fibromyalgia have in which our thought processes get a bit muddled and "foggy". We think we are thinking clearly at times when in fact we can't even do basic math correctly. Or we might be thinking, "cut 3 inch strips" and then we immediately cut 4 inch strips, still thinking cut 3 inch. Or maybe we plan our pattern, and say ok, we need 2 inch strip plus add 1/2 inch seam allowance so cut 2.5" strips. Then we go and cut 2 inch strips anyway. Sometimes we are very aware that we are in a fog and not able to think clearly or make decisions. Then we know to stay away from our cutting boards and fabric. LOL But other times it sneaks up on me, and others too, I guess, and I don't realize till the damage is done.
However, some of my best quilts come from adaptations to correct for these kinds of things. I don't call them mistakes any more, lol, they are just design opportunities.
And I've decided that since I don't like the faces, calling it Face OFF, is a good name, lol. So I'm going with that I think.

Haha, I can relate to the fibro fog! It's so frustrating and others do not understand. It is similar to how people think when severely sleep deprived.

I think Face OFF is a great name and dark purple would be a great backing color.