Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
kathdavis

Originally Posted by nanbue View Post
Kathleen
This is good to know. What steps did your dealer take to fix the problem. Seems that 10 times back they should replace the machine. Which model do you have? The 10000?
I am hoping this is not going to be an on going issue. What should I expect, if there is one?
I have had the machine for a week! This is nonsense, the wrong needle, the wrong thread, too fast too slow.
The machine should not break so easily. Yes you might get a thread nest or it might jam but it should not break from this.
Ridiculous, $3000 later..... So frustrated.
My dealer would not make it good. I asked him to contact Janome and he told me no way because my machine was old now. Mind you, it wasn't old the 5th, 6th, 7th, time it was in the shop for the same problem. I even brought in copies of blogs where others have complained about the same problem with their Janomes, since he always blamed me, but, he would do nothing. I have purchased two other sewing machine over the past two years and you can bet they weren't from that dealer. I will never purchase another Janome. I have the 300E model which is only an embroidery machine. Every time my husband would go in to pick up my machine from the shop, they try to sell him a bigger one. I told him not to ever purchase one without me there because he doesn't understand all of this mess. The dealer told me that Janome had fixed that problem many years ago. I'm really sorry to hear that it is still happening in the 7700. That machine is too pretty to have such problems.

I don't know what to tell you to do, but I would let my dealer know that if it happens again, you want your money back or he could take it back right now. That is too much money to have to worry about the bobbin all the time. It really takes the fun out of stitching. Also, you know these dealer know Janomes have that problem. This really isn't their first rodeo. Good luck.

Last edited by kathdavis; 03-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.