View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
moonwork---i love the lay out of your blocks----they are very striking! the orange one does really stand out on the one- but all you need to do is make a few more with the orange---then they will come together.
i have one in my (group) that is really white---sticks out like a sore thumb---but it's a great star---so i'm going to (try) to be sure and make a few more with more white---all you need to do is make a few more with more orange---they are all really great!
I think I will try to use all the solid muslin backgrounds in one quilt top and the "odds" into another top.

I don't have enough of the just the orange but I think if the "odds" are all ones with colors in the corners and backgrounds they will end up blending together...or at least I'm hoping this will work out that way ... if not, oh well, I've altered my plans many times before (plan? what plan???)

Thanks for the great comments on the "mainly 30's" theme.

--- On the CD in the book, I think a lot of people (me included) were a little misled by thinking it was a CD of the patterns to print out and became disappointed to find out it was just a CD of her techniques. After watching it though, I was glad I took the time to watch it as I learned a few pointers that have helped me out.

My very darling hubby tore my book apart for me and we put it into a 3 ring binder. I copy a pattern and then decide what colors I want to use. I write the colors in all the proper spots on the first copy and then make 4 copies of it to sew on. I actually make a copy of the "fabric cut-out" page too so I can write my color choices on it. I think it helps me to not get confused as to what to cut / use.