View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Gramie bj

Officers meet at least once a month, commities meet as needed, Guild meets once a month, Always have something educational, A Show and tell, We pass a blessings basket, put in a dollar and anounce your blessing- new grand baby-your health has improved (a dear member told us it's officel! her cancer is in remision!!) things that mean something special to you. We have a bolck party going, if you want to pay $1 you get the instructions and focal fabric for a block you can do more than one if you want. for each block returned at the next meeting you get a ticket, during break we have a drawing, winner gets all the blocks that were returned. All funds raised go to help pay for batting and backing for the quilts we donate to places like our local Hospic, Pallidyn care (SP?), quilts of Valor and several other organizations. At the last meeting it was anounced that we now have over 200 members, our guild is only 28 years old so we are still growing, our youngest member is 15 and our oldest admits to 88. LOL we all seam to get along well. The one thing I'd change is if it was a shorter trip to get there for me. we meet at 6:00PM and its over 2 hr drive to get home. But that is my choice and I do enjoy the meetings.