Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM
quiltingshorttimer

I'm a bit of a magazineholic so I get four currently. I love Quilter's Newsletter cause it's so informative and great stories PLUS so "out there" quilts pictured. Not so many patterns or at least that I'm interested in making.

Fons & Porters I just started getting--verdict still out, seems many of their patterns are for small projects.

Quilt is also a new one for me--again verdict still out. Have found some patterns I like and also tips I can use in my guild newsletter.

BHG American Patchwork is the one I've taken the longest and always find a pattern or two that I must keep. Instructions seem to be fairly straight forward too.

Quilter's World is one that my daughter got for me--I find some awesome patterns in it and good tidbits, but not frequently enough for me to continue it.

If I had the $$ I would subscribe to Irish Quilting--very interesting patterns with at least one pattern including some typical Irish knot design, etc. But it's just an occasionaly pick up at Hancocks. for now.

I agree with the other post about buying off the rack for a while and getting a feel for whcih one(s) you like best. Also, check out the local library for design books. And often at guild shows they will have stacks of old magazines they are selling--that's how I started to find out about the different magazines out there on quilting.