Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Whoops! The only Elna I know is my 62C which is a wonderful machine.

Woohoo! I have the Universal straight stitching. I sat down and pretended I had just been using a built in decorative stitch on the Elna and put the machine on ZZ then moved the stitch width to 0, moved another lever the Elna doesn't have and there it was. Not a pretty SS like the 15 or the 301, but a SS. The motor is great, the foot pedal is not sluggish since I took it apart. Now if I can get the faceplate on straight, I'll be happy, though I can use it with a crooked faceplate. I need to loosen the bobbin tension one more time. It has a vertical bobbin, so my first though was another machine for FMQ, but neither of my hopping feet will fit because the Universal has a really long shank. Such a pretty machine if you liked '55 or'56 Chevolets in turquoise. Now I can do my applique with a buttonhole stitch instead of a satin stitch.

I need to sew on the MW 15 clone this month. It has shamrocks on the faceplate and in the decals.
I knew you'd get it!! I love tinkering and tinkering until the machine sews right. So fulfilling.