Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
lisajane

Default My Grandma's easy recipe, that made us all feel special!

Every Thanksgiving, every Christmas, this was a staple that my grandma made. We all felt so special, because we just knew she slaved and spent alot of money so we all could have a taste. (kinda like that commercial where the lady makes Rice Krispie treats and slaps flour on her face). She had 8 kids with many, many grandkids, and great grandkids. She would make 8 or 9, 9 by 13 inch pans of this. Grandma is gone now. but to this day, I will make this. I can't put it in my mouth without seeing her.

1 Large pack Strawberry Jello
1 ready made Angel Food Cake
1 Big pack Frozen Strawberry's in Syrup (thaw your Strawberry's)
1 Container of Cool Whip

In 9X13 pan make Jello (do not dirty a bowl to make Jello, don't have to, just make it in the 9X13 pan) to package directions. (I use 2 cups of ice for cold water). Make sure you dissolve the Jello with hot water well, first. Then tear the Angel Food cake in small piece's and push down into the Jello. (tear the whole thing up and push it all down at one time) Use the whole cake. Thaw your strawberry's in the beginning, and then add after the Angel Food cake is added. Put in fridge and let set. At this stage it ain't real pretty, little bumpy on top. Once set, pull it out and spread Cool Whip on top. Cut and enjoy. We always had it for the holiday's, but as I am older now, I find it to be an excellent, light, refreshing summer dessert as well. I hope someone tries it, and enjoys it as much as me and my dad's side of the family has.