View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 AM
my.sewingroom

Red face New to Board from Bedford, OH

Hi fellow Quilters! Two years ago I moved back to Ohio after 11 years in Scottsdale, AZ. I had been in an auto accident (t-boned by a red light runner) and wanted to be closer to family and the medical care of University Hospitals. Now that I'm disabled I quilt full time mostly for charity, but manage to fit in a few quilts for my 7 grandchildren and a few for my new home here in Bedford. I've been quilting since the early 1970s. Working all those years, I didn't have a lot of time to do too much quilting nor did I even think of taking photos of anything I made. However, the past 4 years I have nothing but time on my hands, so I quilt and take photos of my work. I do not take photos of most of the charity quilts unless there is one that I especially like. I also enjoy making church banners, which is a ministry of mine. I do not charge for them but will take donations to help defer the cost of materials. I also have a background in historical costume primarily the Civil War era. Some years ago I did Civil War era re-enacting and did several years research on clothing of the period. Oh, to have those days back again!

Come visit me at My.SewingRoom. I've just set up my album. Hopefully, soon I'll get an album set up with the Civil War gowns. You can also visit me on Quilters Club of America and Quilt With Us. Are there any quilters in the Bedford, OH area?