Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I've been following along on the board, but life has me pretty busy. Our younger daughter is getting married April 6, and I have been constructing and beading a wedding gown for a week or so. I am sewing the dress using my mom's old Wizard, $66 from 1966, that made my wedding gown as well. And this is for the daughter that sews, and wants the machine, so I figure it is a plan to let my mom be a part of the process in a way. We still miss my mom terribly, but the world isn't stopping for us to lay down and cry, so the beading and dresswork goes on. Actually, my mom is laughing her head off, because I loathe, and that is an understatement, hand sewing, and this bodice is pretty beady. I will post pics upon completion.

I am sorry to hear of the losses, and furbaby issues...hope all is better for everyone. Neat machines appearing, and lots of good info. I have been on a sewing machine diet and after we get the wedding behind us, I am going to rearrange my sewing space to see if I have room for anything else.
Melinda, I totally understand your beading issue! I hand sewed 6500 beads on my own daughter's wedding gown several years ago! I took that dress to work even to get it done! I kept the packages the beads came in - that is how I knew how many beads that dress had on it! Please post a picture when all is done!

Nancy