Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

Here's another Hitachi. It's electric. This one sold at the Oakland Museum's rummage sale a few weeks ago.

Cathy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]318124[/ATTACH]
Wow Cathy I just found this as I have not had internet for a couple days!

Monica, I know you don't believe that Hitachi made my machine or this machine, but I do. My Hitachi has Hitachi written all over that machine - even the treadle has Hitachi all over it. I do not believe it is a badged machine. The badged machines I know of were made by one company and sold with a new name by another company. I don't remember Sears, Wards, etc., selling a machine that said "Sears or Wards." They always renamed them Signature or Kenmore or whatever. Hitachi is such a well known company that I don't believe they would have put up with anyone else making, badging or selling machines with the name of Hitachi on it. I may be wrong and I will continue to do reasearch on the subject, but for now I see no reason to believe my Hitachi treadle was made by anyone other than Hitachi. Just my thoughts!

If any of you ever come across any information on the Hitachi sewing machines to prove or disprove my thinking - I would love to hear it!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.