Thread: 2 more purses
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch View Post
Those are so cute! Will those be sold in the restaurant? When are you going back? What stiffiner did you use to make the purses so perky and smooth? Thanks for sharing.
I am going back April 22nd, so need to make 6-8 more for the resort, and I have 6 to make for some ladies in the office next to the cafe (which I sent photos of ones I already made for styles, and they told me the colors they want and the style), so I have to make those too. The rest I already have made and NOT given away or sold (there are 23) I will take and set up a rack in the cafe to sell. I also have been asked to bring them into a boutique there to see if they want to buy some and sell them in their shop. Anyway, I will then bring any home that did not sell there, and continue making them and hopefully, find a craft fair and try to sell them. THEN, I want to get back to my quilts projects that are patiently waiting for my attention! I hope I don't burn out on making these purses/totes until I get all make that I need to!
Oh, and I used Pellon 987 Fusible fleece on both the outside fabric and the lining this time on both those totes for the resort. The stiff base I put in matching fabric, but it comes out for easy packing or washing.