Thread: 2 more purses
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Lystra View Post
Jill, I just bought the pattern for the Tahoe Tote yesterday! I really thought it had a zipper up top....i don't think I see one in yours...did you leave it out? just wondering. The bags are beautiful! I am so very tired of my old tote pattern so I just bought this pattern on a whim and was so excited to see someone else had already made it! Thanks for posting your pics.
I DO NOT DO ZIPPERS!!! Don't know why, but they scare me-they look confusing! Tahoe tote doesn't have one, but if it did, I would leave it out!! I just use magnetic closures or make a tab and button closing, or make a tab with magnetic closing and a button for decoration (which the larger bag has). It was a very easy pattern, but I skipped the part where they say how to stabilize the bottom-I didn't have the stuff the pattern called for, so I did a separate base to add in after the bag was sewn. I also used a light weight fusible interfacing on the inside pockets, which the pattern doesn't call for. I just like a bit of extra strength on the pockets. I also like to line the handles with fusible to give them a bit more strength.