Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK ladies -
I had so much fun appliqueing that I moved on to A10 and did some work on my AOTH [yea... I'll get some pics posted soon as I get my act together and make the blocks I should be posting tomorrow???] I looked at the tute for A2, one of the blocks for this coming week - 8th of sewing, 9th week of this DJ!!! As much as I really do like paper piecing, I believe the "that quilt" piecing is way more complicated than it needs to be. First of all, if you examine the picture of the original block, you will notice four half-square-triangles in the middle and also note that the final round contains no small squares but rather a triangle in the middle and a sashing strip on each side of it. Next, although the original does seem to have smaller half-square-triangle blocks one "round" in from the outer round, you can accomplish the same look by sewing a small triangle to a straight strip and then trimming down to the size needed to attach a larger triangle to the inner four patch of four half-square-triangles.

I know....I know... if you don't follow or picture this in your head you might be pulling out your hair [don't do this, I think mine still grows back but many of us ladies past...or 'in'... our prime can't afford to pull it out ]

The dog needs walking... if you are dying to start sewing and haven't made this block yet then start with another and wait til I make it, take pics, and post in tute form.

Have a great day!!
Gus

[you did say 'long was OK!']