View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
VickyS

If you can't find a good sewing machine repair person in your area, you are probably better off with one of the newer machines. I've heard great things about the simple Brother machines.

I was looking for a machine for my daughter, who moved across country to Denver, CO and wanted me to give her one of my old machines. Because of their weight and age, I tried looking first online for a repair person online in her new neighborhood but couldn't find one that had a good rating. I told her to check out Goodwill and any of the thrift stores in town to find one. She eventually stumbled onto an estate sale and got a beautiful Singer 15 for $50 with all parts and case. I sent her bobbins from my sewing machine guy in our home town, only to discover she had to move unexpectedly and left the machine behind.

So now I'm looking for her birthday, probably to send her one through an online source! There are a lot of good machines out there. Take your time and you will be surprised at what is available.