View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Lissa

First of all, I send sincere condolences on the loss of your special sister. I am also glad that she did, indeed, get to see your handiwork, which, in my opinion, is a masterpiece. I love earthtones and your choice of colors is just what I like. I just love it, and it is even more special now because of the memory of your sister. I have one (not nearly so fantastic as yours!) that I finished three months before my mother died and only I suspected she was dying. It was really weird, I had a premonition and went out and bought a sewing machine and packages of pre-cut quilt pieces to make a lap quilt. I showed mom all the blocks as i finished them just in case she slipped away before I was done and then finally I was able to show her the completed quilt top, then the finished product. ANyway, she loved it. It wasn't until a month later, that her doctor told my dad and I that she was dying. I was pretty prepared for the news because God had given me the gift of a premonition. Strange! Anyway, I'm sorry you had little time to prepare yourself but I bet you worked on that quilt with as much vengence as I did! Take care/ Lissa :D