Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 PM
MistyK

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Misty, it would be very helpful to know the model... One thing to check is if the bobbin case or assembly has any rust or burrs that could be catching the thread. In the pase, I've had to sand down a couple of rusty spots on cases that did something similar with the thread.
It is a 301 and I took the bottom off to look at it as well as look at it with the bobbin holder out. It does look a bit rusty/discolored. Not blatant rust but like it is just starting. The thread does act like it is catching on something and I didn't feel anything sharp but maybe -- rough? Very sightly. Still who knows how it feels where I can't feel. I wanted to take the carrier that holds the bobbin holder off, but I think there are three screws on the arm and two are beside each other the other is on the backside of the arm. I think I am remembering correctly. I wasn't sure which screw to remove to release the part. Since the machine is someone elses I didn't want to do anything without kinda knowing what I was attempting. Especially since she would pop up over my shoulder every so often.

I will try looking at the info on Cathy's posts and see if I can find something there. I welcome any suggestions. Even if it isn't my machine, the experience is invaluable for me.