View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
DogHouseMom

Thread is like shoes. Not everyone likes the same pair, and different shoes are better suited for different surfaces. So there are two qualifiers to "liking" thread - *you* like it AND it works well in your machine. Some machines can be just as finicky about thread as we are about shoes.

I bought a bunch of CT Essential spools and me and my machine both hated it, so much so that I used only a few yards of 3 colors and traded it all away.

1) Far too much fuzz 'debris' coming off of it. At one point a huge clump fell off the needle and before I could stop I quilted it to my quilt. At this point I had only used no more than 5 yards of thread!!! I could even make a lot of fuzz just by skimming it through my fingernails.
2) Thread shredding one ply only - tried several needles - not a needle problem.
3) I found the appearance dull and without any luster at all.

In short, I found it to be a thread of inferior quality.

that said - there are plenty of people who do love it - which is how I was able to trade the 10 spools that I had.

I suggest that you buy ONE spool and try it. If you and your machine both like it, then buy more. I made the mistake of buying a lot for a project and not being able to use it because both me and my machine hated it.