Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Talking about Sears machines. We saw one last summer that was a treadle and had Sears Robuck all over it. On the irons and the foot treadle. Had a cabinet that was in bad shape and had a coffen top. They wanted $50.00 for it. Reason for not buying was we would have had to carry it about 1/4 mile back to the truck. Tooo much for two old people to deal with. But, DH is still kicking his butt for not buying it. So you can bet if it should be back come June when the Flea Market is on again it will come home with us. This is the same Flea M. we bought the 12K mother of pearl machine. Usually have lots of machines just have to carry so far back to your truck or car.
Hummmmm, just when I think I have things figured out someone throws a wrench in! I was going to ask Charlee if she ever saw the Sears written in any place but an unobtrusive place like on the back or in small letters somewhere. I had doubted Sears ever wrote 'Sears' across the arm of the machine! But, come to think of it I saw a saddle once with Montgomery Wards written all over that saddle. Shocked the heck out of me, as I didn't know they ever sold saddles, and I know they never made saddles. Anyway, I do not own a Kenmore or Wards machine, but I'd bet Wards and Sears are on the machines somewhere, just not across the whole head of the machine!

Thanks Trish! I swear there are always exceptions to everything!

Nancy