View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
KiwiAussie Jen

Default Bens Counting Quilt

While I have bben reading my daily digest every day it is some time since I posted anything. I had a month over in NZ visiting family and it was very moving visiting my home town of Christchurch and seeing all the devestation caused by the earthquakes-a visit to the centre of town bought tears to my eyes and there are so many people really hurting out there. I put all the applique together for this quilt and handstitched all the buttonhole stitch. This is for my great nephew who is nearly 2-his first quilt was an alphabet quilt so this is a follow up. Ben and his parents now live in Singapore so he is an accomplished traveller.
Now I have worked my way round the new set up hopefully I will share more and get more involved again. There are so many talented people out there and my daily fis is looking at all the pctures of some awesome quilts. I like the way everyone encourages everyone else which is very heartening when someone is just begginning the quilt journey-I don't think I will ever arrive at the destination and only wished I had started years ago
Attached Thumbnails img_0354.jpg