Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Ok Girls....how was the TOGA?? Got pictures?

Okay, Charlee, here is my posting to the Gold Country TOGA for you to read:
I had another fun filled day learning how to fix machines and set needles, thanks to Cathy playing with my machines!
Cathy thank you for teaching me that clever way of adjusting the needle height for a 15x1 needle used in a machine that should really have a 20x1 needle.
I made some exchange blocks with my Singer 15BG168 that was made in Taiwan and now has that funny repo handcrank with the Chinese characters saying made in China. Cathy did a quick fix on the tension spring on that machine.
Purchased some fabric with camping theme, daisies, and a batik for another project. The Cloth and quilts has beautiful fabrics and gorgeous quilts hanging on the store walls for display.
I want to thank Cloth and Quilts for opening they doors, hearts and hands, to our small group; the two dishes in the Crockpots were yummy.
I had fun drooling over the beautiful machines at the store. I even showed off the Two Spools in the beautiful cabinet twice.
For me the highlight of the day was the raffle and enjoying the elderly gentleman (86 yrs old) that walked away with the 5 machines heads. He looked so happy to have some machines to studied and tinker with.
And here he had just come in morning to pick up a featherweight, but came back later in the day to see all our machines and chat with us.
He told me that at age 81, he pieced 81 quilt tops with his old Kenmore. He went home with a couple of machines older than his Kenmore yesterday- cute old soul.
For those that were unable to make the gathering, I missed your company.