View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default "Cat Tangles" quilted by Feline Fanatic

I posted a sneak peek of this quilt last month http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...k-t178249.html . Life happened and I didn't work on it for about 3 weeks. I was finally able to finish it up yesterday. This is a client quilt made with all different cat fabrics. The center has a simple cross hatch and the big wide borders have the cats with my interpretation of "Zentangle" style quilting behind each cat to make each cat stand out. There are 6 cats in the side borders and 4 in the top and bottom borders. It is quilted on Warm and Natural batting with glide thread. I made a template for the cat and marked the quilt with a water soluble marker for the cat. The tangles are all free hand except the curved checkerboards, I used a crescent ruler to make the board, then freehanded in every other square to make the checkerboard look stand out. The center cross hatch I did using a small straight ruler. The paw print was free hand. I quilt with an Innova 26" longarm.
Attached Thumbnails cattangle-2.jpg   cat-tangle-4.jpg   cattangle-7.jpg   cattangle-8.jpg