Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Yeah, my son has told me that too about the cameras. I'm going to have to check into purchasing one.
Why I don't hand a camera over to someone else is because of this poor excuse. It never fails for me, someone always comes up to me asking me if I wouldn't mind taking a picture of them at whatever spot. I then have to tell them if they want the picture to turn out they should get someone else to take the picture. I always get a funny, weird look at that point which then I explain why. Most of the time after all of the explanation, I still get a weird look from them. So, because of my experience with those situations, I never ask others to take a picture for me in fear of making someone uncomfortable (like it does me). I need to get over that one, and just learn to ask.
Try using a small tripod and your camera timer, then everyone can be in the picture. I always carry mine with my camera case for that very reason. I had realized that I am in few pics, because I usually take them, so that was my solution.