Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by rainagade View Post
I introduced a new quilter to Thangles. We were having a conversation and what to do when you do not work anymore.
She said to me, "I want to learn to quilt".

the LQS had a BOM with Thangles for $1 for each block. She signed up, I loaned her a sewing machine and basic supplies.

As the story goes, she quickly purchased a machine and more supplies. Then I introduced her to the Sewing Expo. She just looked and was really overwhelmed. Watched me shop as I stocked up on basics.

Then she realized I had maybe 6 projects going at once and shook her head.
Time goes by and we signed up for another BOM, French General. It was really complicated for her but her quilt is done with precision. this is only her second quilt.

Now we head to the Sewing Expo, she too stocks up on basics.
On top of all that, her husband is not mad at me! She is a wonderful quilting friend. We meet almost every Tuesday for a day of quilting. Next week, we are sandwiching her French General quilt. The following week we will sandwich mine.
I've had my Thangles thing for over a year and still haven't used it... I might do that this week, though... I have something I have to finish first... I want to try it out... I'm still new to the whole quilting thing, but I like it.