Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Highmtn

clsurz...
Thanks for your pointers too!!

ckcowl....
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGOODNE S!!! That is breath taking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cut up 11 wool jackets this afternoon, and what I meant was the jackets we cut into various sections/pieces. The one giant pair of wood slacks I cut up made LARGE clean pieces (lots of blocks from those). On the suit coats we had to cut a lot of interfacings away and it looked like less usable wool, but I could be wrong. My wool quilt will not come CLOSE to your wool quilt!!

Hairquilt
Ah yes...the itchy old army green army blankets...lol I remember them well! Ours also had holes in them.

Hi Dunster!
Thanks for the link. I checked it out.. WOW.. there were some amazing examples of "fulled wool" crazy quilts that knocked my socks off! Mostly I just Googled "wool quilts" and got some very simple ideas from there. I love a heavy blanket...and this just intrigues the heck out of me...hehe

I spent 4 hours this afternoon cuttting up wool suits with my local quilting partner in crime. OMG.. her room was just a disaster...we had to vacuume when we were done! There was wool fluff everywhere.

For SURE I am washing it first, and it was good to hear that I don't HAVE to put interface on all of it. I washed my first batch in warm water, but dried it in a hot dryer. I guess I should rewash it in hot H2O.

But...we ended up with a lot of nice wool sections to work with.

Off to make dinner... have a wonderful evening all!

Last edited by Highmtn; 03-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.