View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Whigrose

Default Sweet score! Another Singer Red Eye

Hi all,
Just want to share with you today's trade and my excitment.

This sweet little machine was posted on CL for little (very little) money. The original warranty, slide plate, and some attachments are in one of the cabinet drawers. The warranty is dated 1925.

She had been sitting in a little outshed. Her bobbin area was taped over (one assumes to keep the bobbin from running from becoming lost). Story has it she was rescued from the dump by the father of the seller.

Cabinet is in rough shape and still in our vehicle. We had removed the machine from the cabinet for traveling, therefore she came into the house when we were unloading stuffs.

With the exception of a couple of areas along the front edge, she is in fabulous condition.

Originally I had thought I would do the 'Muv-style' cleaning on her and turn her around, hopefully to a local on this QB, however I have decided to keep her and turn her into a handcrank. DH is studying up on how to construct a box for her.

You should know that the pics you are seeing is how she looked when we bought her. I have 'cleaned' her up but truly all that entailed was oiling, cleaning bobbin area and polishing her metals. She is the cleanest machine I have yet to bring home.

Enjoy.

best,
d
Attached Thumbnails sopo_front.jpg   sopo_top.jpg