Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Beehiveof9

Thank you for the warm welcome!

My children's ages are 15, 13, 13, 11, 9, 7, and 3.5. Yeah, it's a handful, but wonderfully so!

I don't really have a favorite pattern, and love to try new things. Due to time constraints, I usually try to keep it fairly simple, like a Disappearing Nine Patch, or patterns that are quickly put together. I like traditional and contemporty design. I have a love for Batiks, but like most quilters, can work with anything! Earth tones are my favorite, but I'm willing to get out of my color rut and experiment.

I have a few quilts right now in the making. I'm almost done piecing a top using a pattern from "Just Desserts" by Edie McGinnis. I also have another quilt, ready to start quilting, done with a traditional Churn Dash block, and setting blocks, all from my stash.

One of my 13 yo dd's has gotten bitten by the quilting bug as well, and I'm teaching her to hand quilt (I have one I've been working on for years, off and on ) and she is also peicing a quilt from the same Just Desserts book previously mentioned. My grandmother got me started on quilting, so I guess I'm passing it on.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-12-2012 at 06:45 AM.