View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I waited 7 years to get another dog .. I was so heartbroken after our poodle died (he was with us for 18 years) I swore I was not gonna get ever and I do mean ever get another dog. Then my husband insisted we go to the local no kill rescue- I found her- but I wanted a dog who would go every where with me as my poodle did A(well except on hot or cold days and to work!LOL). My last dog followed me like a lost puppy every, would lay down at my feet when I was sewing .. so we went to the shelter-saw her -looked at her picture on line for days-then one day there she was in my home- DH had made the decision to get her so I would have my mind made up and its been LOVE every since !!
I have no idea how I existed in those days since my baby boy died and now .. Gotta have a dog in the house to follow you around, lay at your feet. I may even get her a cat who knows . (Had both of them while the kids were growing up as well as the big birds!) lol OH and the rewards given back after a "treat" are just so thrilling !
Kitsie:have you tried volunteering at a shelter? A friend of mine who is on Social Security does just that, then helps volunteer on weekends for a local vet in her area to walk the dogs. That way as she tells me:she always has a dog/cat in her life.