Thread: Business Idea
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
t or people could put in pre orders if you had a website.
I really think that the internet is "the future" and this kind of traveling business isn't where the future is.

Anyone who is "rural enough" to not have access to the internet or mobile phones, etc. is probably not in a financial situation to want to pay the prices you'd have to charge to make it profitable.

I know that I live in Poland (but am an American who returns back to the states once in a while), but I'm aware that in the US, people have access--they get mail--they can almost always connect. Those who can't, well, they go once in a while "to town" to get their mail, buy groceries, etc--and they could then order fabric wherever that needs to be if they sew. If they are so rural that they have no library or post office available, well, they probably could quilt with recycled clothes, curtains, etc. They just live a simpler life and your ability to "make living" off those people is probably 'nil'.

I have to add that my first few months of marriage, my DH and I lived in Northway, AK. No, there was no PO for me, and we drove an hour to a regular grocery store in Tok, AK (a small one, but not just a hole in the wall), etc. I ordered my supplies for cross stitch and had them delivered to me (25 years ago).

Last edited by justflyingin; 03-12-2012 at 06:06 AM.