Thread: Yipee!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:29 AM
booklady1952

Default Yipee!!!

My LQS is loosing one of the partners and she's been selling off her remaining inventory. Saturday's sale price was 70% OFF. I stopped by Friday afterwork to scope out the scene--see what she had left and to note where certain bolts were located as to be ready for Saturday's sale.

There were two ladies in the store when I arrived having a LOT of fabric cut. Then one of the owners told me that they would give the Sat. sale price that evening. I hurriedly gathered up about 20 bolts and hurried to the cutting counter. The other two customers had their purchases made and bagged. The two ladies had to use a shopping cart to take their score to the car--it was overflowing!

I ended up getting 55 yds for under $150! I was so thrilled--with the sale price everything was under $3 per yard. DH actually carried my score into the house when I got home.

I needed to run an errand in the vicinity of the LQS on Saturday about 2 p.m.--couldn't resist stopping by to see what was left--big mistake. Considering the price, I got a number of 6 yard cuts to use as backings. I even moved outside of my comfort zone (I tend to gravitate to traditional fabrics--small calicoes, tone-on-tones, etc.) I'm trying some lovely bold florals for borders and picked up a set of lavendar and green coordinates for a complete top.

All of my purchases were major brands--Moda, Benartex, Henry Glass, Marcus, etc. In looking over my receipt, I got some Thimbleberries for as low as $1.80/yd. I never paid more than $2.83/yd. All together my weekend's score was $1000 of fabric for under $300.