View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
romanojg

I think that's a personal thing depending on how you are sorting. I have my civil war all separate and for that if the white is the dominent color then I'd put it with the white and so on. For my other fabric, I'm still working on my system but I keep flannels together, I also keep kids fabric together; mainly because my daughter raids it once in a while and that is where she'd go and it limits her from going all thru it. I recently got a bunch of fabric and I'm also sorting it by type; some of it is for decorating, there is homespun and since I want to make a french braid if I ever get enough (I'm too broke to buy any now). I have a lot of large florals and that is together. Then there is alot the is color coded going dark to light. This is what makes since to me because of the way I quilt. I also have 30 to 40 fabric and thats also done separtely. Figure out how you think you'll use it and try to come up with a system that will allow you to easily find what you need or see what you have when you decide you want to make something. I also don't have what you would call large amounts of fabric and from what I've seen on here most wouldn't call it a stash so I might do it differently if I can every afford to have a "stash". Good luck; it's a good thing you are doing.