Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Divokittysmom

Default Enlightening Fabric Shopping Trip... and Disappointing

I know this has been discussed before, but now I have seen it with my own eyes!! I cheerfully set off on a fabric shopping expedition this past weekend. I am working on a quilt from Darcy Ashtons, 'Bunnies & More' book. I am a certified bunny lover!! As I perused the aisles of cotton fabrics I was not only shocked and disappointed by appalled by the QUALITY of the fabrics!! I felt as if I were looking at cheesecloth.... not cotton fabrics!! I kept going from aisle to aisle as I was not finding anything that worked with my 9 floral bunny blocks. I kept searching through bolt after bolt and found the quality of nearly every bolt to be totally unsatisfactory... I mean come on now, if you can count the threads per square inch without squinting..... that's a pretty good sign the fabric (to me anyway) is substandard!! Honestly, I didn't even bother looking at the price of the fabric per yard even though it was on sale I had no plans to buy a single inch let along a yard or two.
I moved on to fabric store #2 hoping not only to find a color that worked but BETTER QUALITY fabric!! I most likely do not have to tell you that I didn't find the quality any better than the first fabric store. Again, I was totally blown away by my 'enlightening' fabric shopping spree! I know it's been written here several times but I am totally shocked at the quality of our fabrics right now.
This was not a LQS by the way.. and I really don't want to discuss where I was shopping but I am sure one could most likely figure it out anyway. I don't want to put any fabric shop down at all as I feel it's most likely the manufacturers that are sending this .... junk to the stores!! I seriously don't blame the fabric stores! JMHO
Sign me
One very disappointed fabric shopper!!
Thanks for listening!