View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Candace

Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graybar-1-an...ht_2169wt_1206

It looks similar enough to your model that it may do the trick. One thing you can do is google GrayBar sewing machines and click on the images button. You can scroll through lots of different pics to see if you can see the tension assembly and do it. Looking at your pieces, it may be all there. You have a few extra bits :> But, it may be missing one of the discs. Sometimes the machines come with 2 of them and I don't know about your model. Lots of times folks will take apart the tension assembly if they're having tension issues, hoping to clean it. Then they forget how to put it back together. Maybe someone on the board has a similar GrayBar and they'd be willing to take some up close pics of the tension assembly and send them to you?

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Well, the problem is that I have not been able to find out what model it is or what machine machine it is copied from. I have done a lot of Internet searching for a manual. This machine has a bullet shuttle and bobbin in it. The only number I was able to find was under the front shuttle plate, #348771. The motor on the machine is also a Graybar.

I am thinking that because the tension assy is in pieces there was a problem with it. I would assume that the tension assembly would be pretty basic. But I don't know if all the parts are with it.