Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
I've only been quilting 3 yrs so I don't have Abby. After hearing about numerous UFO's others have I'm trying hard not to have any... Wish me luck!!
good luck! Just set a goal to not start another project until the last stitch is done on your binding and/or quilt label! I get really focused (obsessed, I think, is more accurate!) on what ever I am currently working on and try to just ignore every other project that calls to me until I am done with it. Besides, years ago, when I started quilting and really got the bug while living overseas, I would pick about 12 quilt projects I just had to make, come to the States, buy all the fabrics for each quilt and keep them in jumbo zip lock bags with the pattern. At first, I went thru them, one by one to finish them, but by the time I got to the last few, my tastes changed and I no longer wanted to make them. Also, I got more confident during the process to make more difficult quilts that I really liked so decided to just add that un-used fabric to my stash, and start a totally new quilt. Anyway, all this time and I still only have one UFO, if you don't count the quilts I have ready to make, but haven't started yet.