Thread: Business Idea
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:38 AM
fmd36

Having been a seller at craft shows for 15+ yrs. I will share my experiences.Most locations will require you to have a vendors license that you will have to pay for and sometimes they are good only for that day. Insurance is a must -both for inventory and customers. Remember to register you biz name with the Sec. of State. Our local Farmers Markets will allow produce only - NO crafts. Many shows require insurance and if you don't have it , they will sell it to you. The RV is a better idea than a truck -more space. There are many costs - but if you really want to do, I encourage you. Remember to have someone else along with you who is knowalgeble about product. Will you have bolts,yardage,pre cuts,sewing supplies ,etc.Will you take CCs , checks or cash only.? Consider your age and health....this stuff gets heavy to move around. We stopped because we found customers discretionary income was vanishing and our age. We have many , many tubs with inventory in them and will probably have to donate to charity. We did custom embroidery primarily on garments..but sewn items for the home. Excuse the misspelling. Best wishes.