View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I Herd Ewe

Originally Posted by I Herd Ewe View Post
The address on the pattern says: Malec Designs, 3N312 Lakewood Drive, West Chicago, IL 60185, (630)231-9403 Also says copyright 1998 Sharon Malec Revised 2002
The pattern is a great pattern but for the dog heads only. The rest I just made up. The grass and cattails came about because, without them, the dog heads looked like they were just floating in space. I ironed fusible web on the backs of a variety of green scraps and then cut it in random strips and arranged it until it anchored the heads down. It still needed something so I added cattails and then there was that big blank in the sky to fill. I drew some ducks and copied them on my computer in several sizes and then just tried them out until I liked the look. My husband says I should have made a male and a female mallard but I did not like the look with the plain female. The background is that size because that was the size of the blue fabric I had. Then I just added borders until the quilt was a nice throw size. It took me a while to get the look I wanted but it was lot of fun to make! Sometimes it is fun to forget about patterns and just play with fabric and see what happens. I had everything in place and liked the look before I ironned anything down.

Thanks to everyone for all your kind comments.