Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Weenween

Originally Posted by Lynnejean View Post
I grew up sleeping under a darling quilt with umbrella ladies in southern belle dresses that my Grandmother made. I remember tracing the pretty embroidery work with my fingers as a small child and thinking that I wanted to be one of those pretty ladies when I grew up. That quilt was washed to death and was finally thrown away by my mother. I was heart broken as I wanted atleast a piece of that quilt.
Sooooo I decided to make a reproduction 30's quilt in honor of my grandmother. I spent the better part of two years gathering up fabrics. Finally I decided to start but I had no real pattern in mind except that I wanted all my favorite blocks in it. Southren belles was the first order of business and I found the darling girls at the oregan patchworks embroidery site. I don't remember the name of the designer but you should be able to use the search for " bonnet girls" and find it. Then on to dresdan plates with embroidery in the center and dresdan butterflies was somewhat my own design. Anyway to make a long story short I worked until I have my 30's quilt with all my favorite things in it. I love it!!! Its on my kingsize bed right now and I slept under it for the first time last night. It was dreamy good!!! I hope that you enjoy it also!!!
Happy quilting,
Jeanne
I just love it.It looks awesome to me.Keep them coming