View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Blackberry

Default WOW, What a Great Find

My husband and I have gotten very interested in estate sales so we went to one listed on CL close to our house. I wasn't really expecting to find anything that I needed but, boy, was I surprised. After looking thru the upstairs I went to the basement and there it was. Totes and Totes of fabric, some still on the bolt and the price was $1.00 a piece. There were about 10 of us ladies rummaging thru the totes and in sight of 30 minutes we had pretty much emptied them. Here is a picture of what I got for $10. There is a total of about 70 yards here. Most of the pieces were 7-9 yard pieces. I cut them into smaller yardage for ease of laundering. Most of these are Christmas fabrics but since I make lapthrows for the Nursing Home it really didn't make any difference. These 70 yards work out to be about $.14 per yard. These are really nice 100% cotton and I have seen several of them at JoAnns. I was one who had decided to not purchase any fabric this year but this was just too good of a deal to pass up. I will make room for this fabric somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-mar-9-estate-sale-fabric-%2410-005-resized.jpg   2012-mar-9-estate-sale-fabric-%2410-007-resized.jpg