View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
ragamuffin

I am in the process of sorting and organizing things too. I also have an "L" shaped desk, a drawer unit at each end and one on the corner in the middle. The drawers on the right hold my small stuff (pins, needles, etc for my machine) and the other drawers in this unit hold all my regular machine thread organized by colors. The drawers to the left hold my other small stuff, covered button kits, and all little gadgets, and then my interfacing in rolls in the bottom drawer, so they do not get dirty. On one closet hold some of my quilting fabrics organized by color, plain, americana, sm. flowers,
large flowers, sm. print, large print, plaid, sm. dots, large dots, sm. check, large check. Then the other standing closet holds some dec fabric and my "other fabric". My open shelves hold my fat quarters, arranged in plastic drawers, by color; then I have my zippers, cording, buckram for drapes, bias tape, seam binding, all in the plastic shoeboxes. My patterns I want to use in the next few years are in baskets so I can look at them. My quilting "kits" are in another basket
ready to go when I am. My dec fabric on the rolls are in a corner but I think I will get a tall garbage can to keep them from falling over, and to keep the bottom of the rolls clean. Then I have wicker picnic baskets with my projects in, some done but I have to sort the fabric out of the ones I have finished. On a shelf the width of the wall over top the windows, I have my collector machines, my FW's and other collectibles. I have a small 3 drawer unit (for stationary) next to my machine on the top of the counter to hold scissors, quilt labels and stuff I need right away to sew, like rippers, etc. I have baskets up high full of posters and other pics to frame since I do custom framing but do not get mine done when I should be doing it. My serger is right handy as is 2 sewing machines, not the expensive ones, but ones that have been good and faithful to me. My scraps are organized in their small shoeboxes too. While I was in the basement last week looking for something I found abut 6 more bins of fabric so now I have to reorganize again. Here I thought they were all finished quilt tops ready to be quilted. More to do every day but I have 12 cushions to cover for the cottage so I better get them done since I am heading there next week. Good luck to you.