View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
jfowles

Lightbulb boggled by piecing

I've been working on super simple baby quilts with either a simple piece of fabric with batting and binding, using stipples made easy for my quilting, or else panels. No piecing or anything complicated. I'm ready to go back to piecing which I really enjoy but after so many no brainers I feel intimidated by my kits or pattern's that require thinking about what I am doing. I've got plenty to work on but no confidence. I've pieced more than my share in the past that have turns out pretty well not perfect but I sure love it. Thanks for letting me express my fears, now maybe I can get to work and do something more. Oh and another thing, I don't feel like a real quilter because I use the tear away paper for my quilting patterns, the finished product looks pretty good, but I feel like I am cheating. The quilt police are at my door. Good thing my quilting room is downstairs, sunny and yellow and warm, when I am there and I have it cleaned up it is a wonderful haven,I quess that's what it is all about. Well the rambling has gone on long enough. Thanks for reading if you made it clear to the end.