View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 AM
grammagayle

Default Courtney's fiesta quilt

In wanting a new quilt to replace her old quillow I made her years ago, my 23-year old granddaughter told me last summer on a visit here from MN that she'd like for it to be bright colors like the Fiesta Dishes in my kitchen cabinets. I started going thru my stash and came up with these colors. In no real hurry to get it started since I had no idea what I was going to do with it; but still thinking 'quillow', I just kept watching the board's forums and threads and checking out many ideas thru Google. Later in the summer or early fall, the Lil Twister discussions and pictures started showing up; and I knew I had to try it. This is the result. No pattern. And just kind of kept messing with material I had and going from there. Only had to buy a piece of light red flannel for the backing. So I am delighted with the result even if it didn't end up being a quillow.
From previewing this, it looks as tho my pictures are way too big; but I don't know how to correct this if it comes out as I'm seeing it? If they do come out too large, I'd love to hear how I might correct it. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails courtneys-quilt-0312.jpg   courtneys-quilt-0312_2.jpg