View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 AM
OdessaQuilts

I NEED to be in this! (Not that I don't necessarily WANT to join in the fun, but ....). Well, maybe if I put it in writing, it will become fact.

I am only planning on 2 UFO completions this time around:

1. A Full/Queen quilt that I started for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary, then the top was nearly done by their 35th, started hand quilting it with ruby-colored thread to be completed by their 40th ... well, they've now been married 58 years this past May and I REALLY NEED TO GET IT DONE!!! NOW IS THE TIME! (The family joke is that neither one of them is going to die until I finish their quilt ... maybe that's why it isn't done yet!) :oops:

2. A "repair job" for my brother-in-law. It's a comforter his grandmother made for him so many years ago. She's long gone now, and it was destined for the trash about 8 years ago, so I rescued it and have been replacing the patches by hand with new materials. I am not removing anything granny did; the love and her work will all still be there, just underneath the new triangles I am replacing. I'm trying to work with shirting-type stripes and plaids to keep in the same style as best I can.

So, dare I ask this question, does anyone have any long-term UFO's that can beat my record here???

I would like for both of these to be completed by Christmas so that they can be gifts. Do you all think I can do it???

Will you be my cheerleaders???

Thanx for the help,

Odessa