View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Mad Mimm

Default Interesting Experience with Fabric Depot

Hey all, just wanted to share a customer service story regarding Fabric Depot. They are a wonderful shop, and have always had a reputation for good customer service. Unfortunately, I have experienced problems with register errors a time or two and this last one was a doosey. I got my credit card statement and it showed a charge back in February for $76.49. I was confused because the last time I had shopped, I knew I spent around $40 (I remembered because I went way over my $20 budget!). So I went to the sewing room and retrieved my receipt (which I am amazed I kept because I rarely do) and sure enough, the sales receipt showed $42.11 but the card was charged $76.49. So I hopped on the phone and talked to a manager named Jan who researched the ticket and got back to me very quickly. Neither she nor I could figure out where that crazy dollar amount came from, but she reversed the charge on the card for the difference and took my mailing address to send me the receipt and some coupons for my troubles. I had to laugh, as I was reading her the card #, the last four digits of the card were 7649. Bingo!

I shared with Jan the fact that, while I love Fabric Depot, I have personally experienced no less than 3 register errors during my brief shopping history there. While I was not thrilled about the error, I was happy with how they handled it and consider myself a satisfied customer. (Though I did tell Jan they really need to work in improving accuracy at the registers as they have a bit of a reputation for making boo-boos!) Still... situation handled to my satisfaction, that is what matters, right?