Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

That's strange and I only did 4 practice strips and it was cutting so good I know I can make it work for me. And, with the freezer paper clue, I am really excited about this machine. I will be able to make all the strips I need. I am glad I bought it. I don't like to give up on anything if I think I can make it work. IMHO. However, you do have to adjust the tension tighter than you would normally think. The instructions tell you it cuts by pressure not sharpness which would eliminate the necessity for new blades. And, with Wal Mart's return policy, there was not a problem with trying it out and then returning it if it didn't work. But I think I will keep it.

Originally Posted by SewinSue View Post
Too bad you didn't ask BEFORE buying it. It is a waste of money for sure. No matter how careful and slow that you go the strips are never straight. Ok for some things as mentioned before but for jelly rolls or any strip that must be straight it is just hopeless. I had one for a couple of months and practiced and practiced and it just would never cut the strips perfectly straight. Surprised they haven't taken it off the market. SewinSue

Last edited by twinkie; 03-14-2012 at 06:57 AM.