Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Just a question---do any of you with piles of UFO's ever pull then out and think, YUCK-what ever possessed me? A couple reasons why I don't have more than one UFO (the highest number was 3 queen tops completed, but not quilted, only because I was in the process of moving back to the US and didn't know if I would have a sewing machine for a while (old one was from Australia-220 current so I left it there), and couldn't face the prospect of NOT having a hand-quilting project to work on! Anyway, got back in the US, found how easy it was to get to a fabric store (none in Vanuatu where i lived), and went to town. I also, at the last minute of packing, discovered, thanks to DH, that I could use my machine with a transformer (I think he didn't want to risk what I might want to spend on a new machine!) Soooo-I looked at those 3 quilt tops, decided one was too nice and wanted it done right away, so had it LA'd on the board, (thanks Charismah!), the second, I traded for LA services, and the third is my one UFO that I am hand-quilting-but have already lost interest to finish it. I wish I had that LA quilted now. Now, I really don't relish spending my time working on a quilt I am not crazy wild about, when I could be working on a project I AM crazy about. Besides, I think I would feel if I didn't finish a project, it would be a big waste of fabric-and I DON'T like to waste fabric (probably because I was so starved of access to good fabrics in Vanuatu-I coveted every scrap!) I guess what I am trying to say is I want to finish a project while I am still in love with it!!