View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
carla m

my quilting friends and i take a few hours about once every 6 weeks or so to drive to a walmart about 40 min from our house to buy fabric sometimes we just get a little sometimes its alot. we have a walmart 10 min away that has less stuff what they do have is jumbled up where you cant find anything and you can wait up to 30 min to be served
there never seems to be anyone on duty. the last time we went to the other walmart the store mgr herself waited on us as she was close by and she must have cut 35 -40 yards of fabric for the 3 of us and my friend likes hers cut into 1 yd increments as well and she laughed and joked with us and chatted like wed known her forever and we had never met her although the others ladies who work the dept are really nice too, she was happy to have us drive 40 min to shop in her store. we looked carefully at our fabric we paid anywhere from 1.50 to 5.97 a yd and were thrilled with our fabric. i sometimes buy emergency stuff (quilting wise) at our store but i have learned if i need service or more than a couple yards to make the drive. i hope i can continue to do so its going to depend on exactly how high gas gets.
carla m