Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
J Miller

My wife and I had a banner week for good Singers. We went to meet another forum member Monday to pick up an old Minnesota Model -B- and then on the way back hit a big antique shop. Not finding anything there we stopped at another one. Hit the jackpot there. We brought home a Singer 338K in a double lid cabinet that was like new. It had exactly one problem; the inner plastic tension thing with the + | - on it had broken inside where the little pin pushes on it. No way to regulate the top tension. I fixed that today with a $3.00 part from the local SMG.

We went back Tuesday after noon and picked up the Singer 201-2 in the cabinet that looks like a treadle cabinet but with wooden legs. The machine is in beautiful condition. Needs cleaning and oiling and one spring for the cabinet.
I'll find one of those or put in a WTB add here in a day or three.

.................................................. .....................................

Candace,

I'll print the pic you posted and take it to my local guy. He's got a ton of parts and pieces and when I asked him about the belt today he didn't say no. But I'd forgot to write down the model # so I'll do that later.

Joe