Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Mizkaki

Candace,

I just checked my wholesale catalog. You are definitely correct, your Pfaff does take a cleated motor belt. I learn something new everyday. I have a Pfaff 360 (I think that is the model), that I have no desire to work on. It's yours if you want it. I'll check when I get home on Friday to see if it has the cleated motor belt.

The darning/ FM spring is on it's way. I mailed it this morning. I went back to look at the picture you posted of the darning spring. The one I'm sending to you is a slightly different style. Here is the picture of one just like it on Monica's machine. It can be a little tricky to figure out, but it works beautifully. Monica is in love with it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]320024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]320024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]320025[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Cathy, it's the motor belt. The motor belts on these older models have cleats. I think the timing belt also has cleats(fewer I believe), but I'd have to double check that. It was my fault it broke. I put too much pressure on a 50 year old belt. At least the motor is nice and clean now.....sigh. Live and learn.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-03-14-21.41.41.jpg   2012-03-14-21.41.30.jpg