View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 AM
clsurz

Default Sergers........Tell me about them

I was never one to be intrigued by those machines until recently. I find myself being drawn to them more since seeing a show that was on PBS ad being used. What fasicnated me is one of the gals had one where she pulled all her threads together and with a push of a button it all threaded and pulled it through unlike what the other lady had where she threaded them one had a time and it seemed like it was a chore to do so.

As I recall the one that impressed me was the BabyLok Evolution. Can't remember what the other gal was using.

Guess what I want to know is do these run using a foot pedal or do they have some with a start/stop button. That woud be my main need is a start/stop button.

One of them also does all her quilting using a serger so my next quesion is how do they do so without using the cutting blade that trims fabric when they use a serger if they are using it for quilting.

I've also heard said some folks actually sew clothes on sergers but yet the only thing I've ever seen demonstrated is the straight feed and it stitching the edge of fabric while cutting the excess off.

Last edited by clsurz; 03-15-2012 at 05:28 AM.