View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 AM
JMCDA

Smile The Easter Bunny is bringing me a 301A!

LOL!

I tend to search the whole province for vintage machines on our Kijiji and the other day someone put up their whole collection of Singer machines. She had 2 - 301's, a FW, a treadle, and a couple of others. Usually when I see something I want it is in a part of the province that is miles away from me but this lady was in Ottawa where my daughter lives! She and her hubby went last evening and picked up a lovely mocha long bed 301 for me, with a box of accessories and a case that "really stinks Mom" :-)

The 301 was $50.00 which I think is a steal of a deal for a very well maintained machine, she had sold the FW earlier in the day for $200.00....and she told my daughter that the "lady" who bought it turned around as she was leaving the house and said to her that she was going to re-sell it for $800.00!!!!!! HaHaHa....you can try to get that **tch!

Really...the lack of decency of some people! it was an ordinary 221 with a buttonholer and zigzagger and the usual box of stuff.

So...now I have to wait until Easter when we either go up to Ottawa or they come down here but I can scratch one more off my list. The case is in her basement closed up with a bag of charcoal, wadded newspaper and some dryer sheets so it might not be too stinky by the time I get it. My FW doesn't smell at all so not sure what to expect.

Now all I need is a Red eye and a Rocketeer!
ummm - "need" may not be the right word LOL

Cheers!
Joann
I will add some pics after Easter!