Thread: Verizon Users
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
Fixedgearhead

I have a I-phone4s and while I don't use all of the features, I like it a lot. I am a member of the Apple Corps in that I have an Ipad2, a Macbook Air laptop, an older e-mac laptop and an iPod classic. The one thing I will say about Apple is whatever you get I would suggest you purchase the extended warranty for whatever item from Apple you buy. The reason is that after the factory warranty runs out it will cost you money to talk to tech support about anything. Lets face it, most extended warranties are almost worthless, but in this case, they have saved my bacon, with long conversations with tech support to correct some stupid thing that I caused to happen. Another time they replaced a complete computer screen, on an old E-Mac desktop, that went south and didn't charge me for it. $900 worth of replacement cost saved was a good tradeoff for the price of the extra warranty. I have gotten back the value of the cost of the warranty in tech support costs on every warranty I have from Apple. I think the current cost is $50 to start and goes up as long as you stay on the line. You can see how that would add up. Every mechanical thing or electronic thing can fail. Even the best of them. But it is nice to have somebody to talk to and get it fixed for free. It is also a nice feeling that you can call and get help resolving one of the inevitable bozo moves that you make while trying to do something on the device that is not supposed to screw things up but does.
My 2cents worth
John